I’m assuming you have read the past three blogs, or at LEAST the previous one. if not, go back and read it now before you continue. If nothing else PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST. click HERE!!
Next step: It is important to know the purpose for doing this 40 day journey, so I’m providing you with a summary of notes describing how to participate on this journey.
There is no ‘sign up’ button, but rather you can follow on the blog, Twitter, or click ‘like’ on the Grace Walk Canada Facebook page and follow along there. Whatever you choose, do visit the blog each day to get some ‘encouragement’….
Purpose of the 40 day Journey is:
- Not to get closer to God
- Not to manipulate anything from him through ‘special behavioural changes’
- Not to diet, not to impress anyone, especially God,
- Not to create a new ‘system’ of what I have to do to stay or be right with God
- Not to get him to answer a special prayer because now I’ve ‘sacrificed’ something ‘for’ him
- To daily recognize his presence IN me (Colossians 1:27)
- To daily recognize I don’t have to give in to the natural ‘inclinations’ all around me
- To daily begin new habits that better reflect the indwelling life of Christ in me
- To daily put aside those ‘hindrances’ that would draw my attention away from my loving saviour.
- To daily become outside, who I already am inside, a person filled with the agape of Christ
- To daily have my vision corrected to see with the eyes of Christ in me, instead of the world lenses
- To Grow in Grace 2 Peter 1
How To Participate:
1. Accept it: (THE INVITE): jump on board for one day, one week, or most of the days! NO PRESSURE, any participation will be beneficial.
Isaiah 55 55 “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink—even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk—it’s all free!
2. Ask for it: Do you want to grow in Grace? Then ask him. It was GOD that put the desire in you in the first place: What is hindering your walk? May I suggest you sit down and meditatively ask Jesus what it is HE may draw your attention to…..or from. This is between you and Him, not to be shared publicly.
Philippians 2: 12-13
12 Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
- Encourage it: Perhaps you have a friend who you can trust to share your spiritual journey with. Even having one person to share with can be a significant encouragement as you walk this next forty day journey.
(1 Thess. 5:8-11 8 But let us who live in the light be clear-headed, protected by the armour of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. 9 For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. 10 Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever. 11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.)
- LOOK FOR IT: Walk out each day ‘looking for” an expression of God’s love in or around you. When you see it, write it down. After 40 days, see how many times he has shown you something about his love for you, others, or his creation.
(Colossians 3 3 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honour at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.)
- LIVE it: now, just go and enjoy your day and live in response to any promptings he may give you. If he gives you a prompt, cool, act on it, if he doesn’t, no problem….this is about HIM not you.
Hebrews 12 – 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honour beside God’s throne.
- WRITE IT: write down in a private document the things you NOTICE him drawing your attention to. Did he reveal something about himself today, did you see in in creation, did you see him in someone else
Habakkuk 2 I will climb up to my watchtower, and stand at my guard post. There I will wait to see what the Lord says and how he will answer my complaint. The Lord’s Second Reply 2 Then the Lord said to me, “Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others.
- POST IT: Share in short thoughts (not long drawn out lectures) what God is showing you about himself, and what he may be showing you about ‘the NEW CREATION YOU ARE!”
See you all Tomorrow!!!
(*psst KEN, look!! 4 blogs in 4 days!! aren’t ya proud o’ me!!?)
5 thoughts on “Twas the night before…THE JOURNEY”
impressive blog stats Mike …I am still trying to find out how to do the first one ha ha! Just shared Christ in us to my local coffee cafe owner and he was relieved to know what it was that he felt with him at different times said “it” comes and goes in his awareness…I said that would be Christ in you …nice start to the day!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m in the future (1pm Tuesday in Australia ) so I’ve already started. Saw a rough looking guy at my local shops today who was clearly alcohol or drug affected and Father said to me “I love him”. It broke me because that’s NOT what i was thinking.
LikeLiked by 3 people
Hi Debbie I am in Australia too..thanks for sharing..beautiful.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I did this 40 day journey when it first came out and God impressed upon me that it was time to do it again. I will start day 1 tomorrow. I’m nervous but I know I need to refocus!
Reblogged this on Wordly Random and commented:
Here it is friends, the night before the journey. I’m very excited and very nervous. I believe more than ever that God led me to this place right this moment. I encourage you to watch the video. Its good and it’s a nice way to see Mike. It is his church sermon. It is about 32 minutes long. I will post again later in the day to share a little more about today’s message and how it affected me. Enjoy and Be blessed!